Wednesday 7 July 2010

The EDL is a working class movement.

So that leaves no room for the middle class, or the upper classes who may support them. This includes me, my parents' career choices, income and my hopes for a future career in Criminal profiling. Not at all working class, which means I must be a liberal lefty who doesn't care for my fellow countrymen.

How fucking wrong, I think I care just as much as these people do. But unfortunately, their ignorant and extremely offensive opinions of people because of their class has completely derailed me from their movement. Not like I could attend anyway, the Sussex division seems to be run by people who are capable of setting up threads, and organising facebook groups, but cannot reply to private messages with information or saying a group isn't working.

The avoiding the questions about joining the local division pissed me off, but not as much as the anti-every other class than the working class attitude almost everyone on the forum holds, which strikes me as extremely hypocritical. Claiming they're a voice for England's people, provided you're a working class, everyone else can just fuck off. As we're all apparently liberals, lefties and have no fucking clue. Well, I wouldn't be doing this blog if I ticked every box of theirs.

And what increasingly frustrates me is they're fascination with branding the UAF middle class 'scum'. And they're not working class at all. It's like they're just painting everything with one brush, and the paint is called scum. Sporadically painting here and there, branding everything that may not hold the same views as them, as scum.

Sounds very much like the SWP. Who are working class, but just fucking idiots. The EDL has some smart ones, quite a few infact. They'd definitely get a pint in a pub if I'd ever meet them. But unfortunately, the class war idiots just ruin it all for me.

The EDL is not a movement for people's voice. It's a movement if you're working class, and don't care about the other classes who may hold the same views about the problems as you.

Unfortunately for those people, the ConDem coalition is hitting the middle class the hardest, because we're a little more expendable. So maybe, our household incomes may drop enough to be acceptable for membership.


I won't be promoting the EDL in the future, which is a shame. I had about 15 people in my home town very interested in joining the local division to attend future demos, but due to EDL's ignorant views towards class. They've just lost some supporters.

And I won't be mentioning them in future posts in the good-light either, like I had done previously.

5 comments:

  1. Where do they mention this mate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When ever the discussion of class is brought up, they show all their anti-every other class agenda.

    Just read through some posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know they obviousley are, but the reason for this may be most upper class may not have the same degree of problems that per average the working class may

    ReplyDelete
  4. So taking on a anti-middle/upper class agenda is okay?

    What about the middle/upper class soldiers or officers who fight and die in our Military for our nation?

    Do they no deserve the same recognition?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you wouldnt have balls to do anything for your country. SAD little boy.

    ReplyDelete